VOLCANO: Reminder AGU 2011 Session: V37 Surveillance of Volcanic Unrest - New Developments in Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Methods

Reminder AGU 2011 Session: V37 Surveillance of Volcanic Unrest - New Developments in Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Methods
From: Char Rowe <char@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Please remember that we are offering this special session
for the AGU FM11 meeging in December:

V37: Surveillance of Volcanic Unrest - New Developments in
Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Methods

surveillance and eruption monitoring. This quickly evolving
discipline has benefited from significant advances in
computing power, instrumentation technology, communications
and observatory practices. We invite presentations of
innovations on any aspect of this critical chain, from
sensor to alarm, and all the steps between. Data collection
and management, advanced signal processing methods, event
identification and classification, machine learning,
automatic decision-making, computer-aided review, and
especially cross-disciplinary implementations are sought to
build a comprehensive look at the state of the art and new
methods just around the corner.

Conveners:

Charlotte Rowe, Los Alamos National Lab
char@xxxxxxxx

Susanna Falsaperla, INGV Catania
susanna.falsaperla@xxxxxxxxxx

Seth Moran, U.S. Geological Survey CVO
smoran@xxxxxxxx

Please be advised abstracts are due August 4, 2011.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!