VOLCANO: AGU 2011 Session: V48 Worlds in Collision: From Magma Rheology to Rock Mechanics

AGU 2011 Session: V48 Worlds in Collision: From Magma Rheology to Rock Mechanics
From: J K Russell <jkr2002@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,
Please consider submitting appropriate papers to this session at AGU.
Abstracts are due August 4th (Very early this year)

We propose a multi-disciplinary session in which field observations, laboratory experiments, multi-parameter modelling and numerical simulations will improve our understanding of the properties and flow of volcanic materials. This session aims to draw contributions from arrange of disciplines to elucidate new approaches, methodologies and results. We encourage a wide range of submissions encompassing magma rheology and fracture mechanics, experimental rock physics, textural studies, brittle-ductile structures in conduits/dykes, and multi-parameter modelling.

We look forward to your contributions
Best regards
Kelly Russell, Don Dingwell, Lori Kenedy and Phil Meredith