VOLCANO: AGU 2011 Session: V34 Role of Geologic Mapping in Petrology, Geochemistry, and Volcanology

AGU 2011 Session: V34 Role of Geologic Mapping in Petrology, Geochemistry,
and Volcanology
From: Julie M Donnelly-Nolan <jdnolan@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We would welcome your contribution to the following Fall 2011 AGU
all-poster session:

V34.  Role of Geologic Mapping in Petrology, Geochemistry, and Volcanology
Co-sponsor:  Tectonophysics

Geologic maps provide essential spatial and temporal information for
understanding geologic processes.  These processes include the petrologic
and geochemical evolution of volcanoes and their eruptive products, as
well as the assembly and evolution of intrusive bodies.  Maps also
contribute to understanding tectonic controls on the location and timing
of magmatic activity.  This poster-only session provides a forum for
petrologists and geochemists to interact with field-oriented colleagues.
We invite contributions from those who make geologic maps, from the
petrologists, geochemists, and volcanologists who use them, and from those
who do both.

Convenors:
Sue DeBari (debari@xxxxxxx), Western Washington University, Bellingham WA
John Dilles (dillesj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), Oregon State University,
Corvallis, OR, Julie Donnelly-Nolan (jdnolan@xxxxxxxx), USGS Menlo Park CA
Mike Clynne (mclynne@xxxxxxxx), USGS Menlo Park CA.

Note:  abstract submittal deadline is August 4th (a month earlier than
previous years)