VOLCANO: AGU 2011 Session: V05 Constraining the Dynamics of Volcanic Jets and Plumes

AGU 2011 Session: V05 Constraining the Dynamics of Volcanic Jets and Plumes
From: Darcy Ogden <dogden@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We wish to invite you to contribute to our Fall AGU session V05:
Constraining the Dynamics of Volcanic Jets and Plumes.  The session
description and our contact information follows.  Please feel free to
contact us directly if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Darcy Ogden, David Fee, and Larry Mastin

V05: Constraining the Dynamics of Volcanic Jets and Plumes

eruptions and novel methods for extracting information from these data
including radar measurements, thermal imaging, correlating flow
dynamics with seismic signals, infrasound of volcanic jets, satellite
monitoring, new experimental techniques, innovative field methods, and
more. This session will focus on advancements in our ability to
constrain the dynamics of volcanic jets and plumes through a variety
of techniques. We are particularly interested in new techniques for
real-time observation of eruptions, but welcome related submissions
from laboratory, field, theoretical, or computational research.

Conveners:

Darcy Ogden (SIO/UCSD)  dogden@xxxxxxxx

David Fee (UAF)  dfee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Larry Mastin  (USGS)  lgmastin@xxxxxxxx