VOLCANO: AGU 2011 Session: V45 Volcanoes and Climate Change: Past to Present

AGU 2011 Session: V45 Volcanoes and Climate Change: Past to Present
From: Kenneth Verosub <klverosub@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

The abstract submission is now open for this year's AGU Fall Meeting, which will be held in San Francisco from 5 to 9 December. We would like to draw your attention to our session, "Volcanoes and Climate Change: Past to Present" (session V45). A description of our session follows:

The last few years have seen a dramatic increase in research on the relationship between volcanic eruptions and climate. This renaissance has been driven by new insights about the climatic and meteorological impacts of small eruptions as well as new theoretical models for the effects of geoengineering schemes and limited nuclear exchanges which draw on the behavior of large eruptions. The goal of this session is to bring together various perspectives on volcanic eruptions and climate, ranging from small eruptions like Eyjafjallajokull to large super-eruptions like Toba and spanning the Quaternary to the recent, with the expectation that the cross-fertilization of ideas among disciplines will further advance the underlying science.

If you are doing research relevant to this topic, we strongly encourage you to submit an abstract.  The deadline for all submissions is 4 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT. More information about the Conference is available at http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/

Thank you very much for your consideration,

Session conveners:

Ken Verosub klverosub@xxxxxxxxxxx

Wyss Yim wwsyim@xxxxxx