VOLCANO: Probabilistic analysis of Volcanic Hazards

Probabilistic analysis of Volcanic Hazards
From: Eliza Calder <ecalder@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to announce further updates on our upcoming workshop on
Probabilistic Analysis of Volcanic Hazards to be held at the State
University of New York at Buffalo 16-19 May, 2011.

Speakers include:
Susan Loughlin (British Geological Survey, Edinburgh)
Chuck Connor (U. South Florida)
Steve Self (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
Willy Aspinall (tentative)
Marcus Bursik (tentative)
Laura Sandri (Insituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Italy)
Thea Hincks (U. of Bristol)
Claudia Furlan (Universita degli Studi di Padova)
Puneet Singla (Buffalo)
Elaine Spiller (Marquette)
Gustavo Cordaba (U de Narino)

Further information about the workshop, registration and accommodation can
be found here:
http://volcanichazards.cas.buffalo.edu/hazardconference.html

This is an open workshop, registration fees are $60 (scientists), $40
(post-doctoral fellows) and $25 (graduate students). The workshop is
sponsored by the UB Center for Geohazard Studies and IAVCEI. We look forward
to seeing many of you here and holding some fruitful discussions. There will
also be a follow-up session on probabilistic hazard mapping at IUGG in
Melbourne.

Best Regards,

Eliza Calder (ecalder@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Bruce Pitman (pitman@xxxxxxxxxxx)