VOLCANO: JCDR Survey request on effective communication of probabilistic forecasts and warnings.

JCDR Survey request on effective communication of probabilistic forecasts and warnings.
From: "Doyle, Emma" <E.E.Doyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We at the Joint Centre for Disaster Research, Massey University, NZ, would like to invite you to participate in our online survey to assess the different perceptions of probabilistic warnings and forecasts, for volcanic case studies. Results from this survey will be used to identify effective framing methods for probabilistic warnings, to thus improve communications between scientists and emergency managers.

The survey should take approximately 20 minutes, and all responses are anonymous.

We are seeking participants from both NZ and overseas, and particularly those from agencies:

    * Involved in the science of natural hazards - including universities, research organisations, government science bodies, and other technical, advisory or research agencies.

    * Involved in the management of natural hazard events - including civil defence, emergency management, national and local government and councils, public safety, emergency services, response agencies, and lifeline organisations.

If you are happy to participate please go to the link below and complete the survey, after first reading the full information sheet.

http://disasters.massey.ac.nz/uncertainty/

Please also forward this email on to your colleagues both within and outside your organisation, as we would like to achieve as wide a group of participants as possible. Your help in this matter is much appreciated.

Many thanks for your time and help in our research. Apologies for any cross-posting of this email.

Yours,

Dr. Emma Hudson-Doyle

-          Joint Centre for Disaster Research, Massey University, NZ

Assoc. Prof. David Johnston

-          Joint Centre for Disaster Research, Massey University/GNS Science, NZ

Prof. John McClure

-          School of Psychology, Victoria University of Wellington, NZ