Touring the volcanic landscapes of the Danakil Depression

From: Jonathan Fink <jon.fink@xxxxxxx>

One of my faculty colleagues at Arizona State University, Ted Solis, is seeking
information about touring the Danakil Depression in northeast Africa. As stated
below, Ted is an avid volcanophile. He is hoping to see the area sometime in
the first half of 2010. If any of you know of relevant commercial or private
guides, please get in touch with Ted directly at ted.solis@xxxxxxx (or with me
at jon.fink@xxxxxxx). Many thanks.

Jon

"I am interested in a safe (i.e., not interested in being kidnapped for ransom)
geological (and of course, why not, cultural) tour of the Danakil Depression
area. I am not a geologist, but am fascinated by the Rift valley
tectonic/volcanological geology of this region. Willing to rough it if guided by
very dependable, competent tour leaders. Thinking about a few days to a
week at most. I presume I would have to fly into Addis Ababa and go from
there. Thanks."