The Andean Geotrail Project: Ask for Support

From: Olivier Galland <olivier.galland@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

I am a geologist from Oslo at the Norwegian centre of excellence "Physics
of Geological Processes", and my team-mate is also geologist. We are
currently running a popular geoscience project called the Andean Geotrail,
based on a bike trip along the Andean Cordillera. During the trip, we have
selected about 30 geological localities that illustrate various aspects of
geosciences and their implications for the society: oil and gas fields,
mines, glaciers, volcanoes, agricultural provinces, etc ... During the
trip, 45 classes in different schools will follow us via our blog, in
which we will give some information about the visited localities, and their
teachers will use it to illustrate dynamically their geology lectures. Our
project has been labelled by the International Year of the Planet Earth.
If you want more information, feel free to consult our website
www.georouteandine.fr/English . You can also find the link of the blog on
our website.

We are at the beginning of the journey, at Punta Arenas, and we have
already visited an oil plant in Tierra del Fuego. Although we have already
many contacts in the Southern Andes, we only have a few in the Central
Andes, so that the access to some localities will be hard. In addition, we
probably missed some very interesting geological localities. Thus, I
solicit your support in two different ways:
- If you know very interesting places along our itinerary that really
deserve to be visited, we would be very grateful if you can send us some
comments about them.
- If you know someone working in restricted areas such as mines and oil
fields, and who could help us accessing some very interesting mines for
educational purposes, feel free to help us to contact them.

In general, if you have any interesting geological information you want to
share with us, we would sincerely appreciate your great help by sending us
an email to the following address: georoutes@xxxxxxxx

We are looking forward to your support.

Best regards,

Olivier Galland