Goldschmidt 2008: Crystal Records of Magmatic Processes

From: Adam Kent <adam.kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Colleagues,

With apologies for multiple postings I want to draw your attention to
a special session at the upcoming Goldschmidt 2008 meeting in
Vancouver. The abstract deadline is March 1.

Crystal records of magmatic processes

Crystal morphology and compositions provide important information
about the processes and rates of magma evolution along with sources
of crystals in magma. This session seeks to bring together
researchers who examine crystal records through studies of melt
inclusions, crystal textures and size distributions, phase
equilibria, chemical and isotopic compositions, diffusion modeling
and other relevant approaches. We are particularly interested in
studies that combine two or more of these techniques to provide
integrated histories of magmatic evolution and crystal heritage.

Invited speakers: Dougal Jerram (Keynote, Durham)), Jonathan Miller
(San Jose State), Julia Hammer (Hawaii)

Thank you
Adam Kent, Oregon State University adam.kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Erik Klemetti, University of California at Davis klemetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx