Goldschmidt 2008 Session: Links Between Plutonic and Volcanic Systems

From: Jorge Vazquez <jvazquez@xxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We have organized a session for Goldschmidt 2008 in order to explore
the connections between volcanic and plutonic systems.  We are
particularly interested in studies that link observations using
geochemistry and geochronology, geophysics, and field studies.

Session 10d: Links between plutonic and volcanic systems
  Convenors: Drew Coleman, Jonathan Miller, Jorge Vazquez
  Keynote speaker: Olivier Bachmann (University of Washington)

We hope to bring together papers that connect the geochemistry,
geochronology, geology, and geophysics of volcanic and plutonic rock
systems. Discussion will focus on identifying links between these two
windows into magmatic processes, and the insights they offer into the
chemical evolution of the lithosphere. Central to this session is
understanding to what extent plutonic rocks are complements to, or
samples of, erupted magmas.

Thanks,
Jorge Vazquez
Drew Coleman