Volcano Seismology Session at SSA 2008 Meeting

From: Francisco Núñez Cornú <pacornu77@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring your attention to the following session at the
Seismological Society of America (SSA) Annual Meeting (16th-18th of
April 2008, Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico) and are looking forward to your
contributions:

Volcano Seismology

Volcano observatories are increasingly working to pool the information
from various monitoring methods for a broader understanding of
premonitory phenomena and for better confidence in our hazard
assessments. More powerful computers permit greater complexity in
analysis and modeling of ever- expanding data sets. We invite
contributions on any aspect of volcano monitoring, particularly those
that demonstrate reinforcement of hazard assessment through combined
methods including seismic, deformation, acoustic and others, applied
at active volcanoes. We especially encourage presentations regarding
monitoring and hazard assessment/mitigation at North American
volcanoes; however, contributions from other regions are also welcome.

http://www.seismosoc.org/meetings/2008/index.html

Dr. Fco Javier Núñez Cornú
Centro de Sismología y Volcanología de Occidente
CUC Universidad de Guadalajara
Av. Universidad 203, Puerto Vallarta Jal. 48280 MEXICO
Tel [52] 322 226 2229