New Book on Italian Volcanoes

From: Roberto Scandone <scandone@xxxxxxxxxxx>

A new book on Italian volcanoes (in Italian) has been recently co-
authored by Lisetta Giacomelli and Roberto Scandone. The book covers
both the classical volcanoes Vesuvius, Etna and Stromboli as well as
all the other less known volcanoes that have been active during the
Quaternary in Italy. The book not only describes the eruptive history
of the volcanoes, but  reports also on the complex and long documented
history of the interaction between man and volcanoes.

Table of Contents
Cap. 1-  I vulcani del Lazio ( Vulsini, Cimini Colli Albani)
Cap.  2-  Le isole Pontine (Ponza, Palmarola, Ventotene, Santo Stefano)
Cap.  3- I vulcani dell'Italia Meridionale (Campi Flegrei, Procida,
Ischia, Vesuvio, Vulture)
Cap.  4- Le isole Eolie (Stromboli, Panarea, Lipari, Salina, Vulcano,
Alicudi, Filicudi)
Cap.  5- I vulcani di Sicilia (Etna, Pantelleria, Linosa)
Cap.  6 -Nozioni di vulcanologia
Bibliografia

pp. 475  with plenty of colour photos
Cost 75,00 €