Physical Volcanology Instruction Modules Available

From: Charles Connor <cconnor@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If you are teaching Physical Volcanology (or thinking of teaching
Physical Volcanology), I draw your attention to the webpage:

http://serc.carleton.edu/sp/ssac/volcanology/index.html

where you will find a series of modules developed and used at USF and
PSU. These modules are intended for use in upper-level undergraduate
physical volcanology, but might be easily modified for a variety of
course levels.

As described on the webpage, one of our goals in developing these
modules is to promote physical volcanology as an essential part of a
robust undergraduate curriculum, as volcanology requires quantitative
thinking, problem solving, and draws on diverse geological concepts.
Another goal of the modules is to help prepare students for graduate
work, and the problem-solving approaches they will need in volcanology
and a variety of similar disciplines.

Please let me know if you find these modules useful in your course.
Feedback and improvements to the content are very welcome. Also, please
consider developing modules to add to this collection if you find them
to be a useful tool in teaching volcanology.

Chuck Connor

cconnor@xxxxxxxxxxx