Postdoctoral and PhD Position at IFM-GEOMAR

Postdoctoral and PhD position
From: Lars Ruepke (lruepke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Research topic: Hydrothermal system and/or passive margin processes
Profile: Geology, Geodynamics, Numerical Modeling
Place: "The Future Ocean" Cluster, IFM-GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany

The newly formed research group Seafloor Resources
<http://www.ozean-der-zukunft.de/b3/index.shtml> at the Excellence
Cluster
"The Future Ocean <http://www.ozean-der-zukunft.de>" invites applications for

1 Postdoctoral and 1 PhD position.

Both positions will be based at the Leibniz-Institute of Marine Sciences at
the Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, IFM-GEOMAR
<http://www.ifm-geomar.de>.

1. Postdoctoral scientist: We are seeking a postdoctoral scientist with a
background in numerical modeling and experience in hydrothermal system or
passive margin/sedimentary basin research. We offer the opportunity to
conduct and coordinate research on reactive transport processes in the
Earth's crust within the interdisciplinary research cluster "The Future Ocean".

2. PhD student: We are seeking a PhD student with a background in geology and
an interest in learning and applying numerical methods in order to study
hydrothermal system or passive margin processes. The successful candidate
will take part in the PhD-program of the newly formed
Integrated School of Ocean Sciences (ISOS
<http://isos.uni-kiel.de/index.shtml>) in Kiel, which will provide
him/her with a unique multidisciplinary education
in Earth sciences and computational analysis.

Both positions include the opportunity to participate in scientific cruises
and land expeditions. The postdoctoral positions will be initially for
two years with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period.
The PhD position is for three years.

Anyone who is interested should email Lars Rüpke (lruepke@ifm-geomar)
or Colin Devey (cdevey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) with their CV and research interests.
Additional information on Kiel can be found here <http://www.kiel.de/>