Opportunity For a Volcanologist

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AWG E-MAIL NEWS 2007-13
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CONTENTS
1) WANT TO BE ON TV? HERE"S YOUR CHANCE 2) CONTACT INFORMATION
I am writing from a respected factual television production company
called Darlow Smithson productions, based in London, UK.  You can find
out more about us at www.darlowsmithson.com.

I am a producer on a 12-part series for the Discovery Channel, which is
currently at the development stage.  I am looking for science presenters
to take part in what promises to be an ambitious series. Can you help?

The idea behind the series is to send a dedicated team of scientists to
travel to 12 different volcanoes across the world and explore possible
answers to the many remaining questions about volcanoes.  The show will
also be part-travelogue and so will focus on human and other
environmental stories specific to the areas we visit.

We are looking for presenters to fill the role of geologist /
volcanologist, who will be able to dedicate time to this ambitious
project and be the face across the entire series.  Filming could start
in late summer / autumn and will run, although not necessarily
consecutively, to around 20 weeks.  It is indeed a formidable schedule
and the right candidate will be able to take time away from their
regular research or post to do this.

We are looking for people who are passionate about their subject and
able to present information in an accessible way.  They do not
necessarily have to be experienced television presenters, but they will
be charismatic and energetic.  The right candidate will meet with
scientists specific to the volcanoes they visit, so they will be
required to have a broad understanding of volcanoes.  I don't want to
rule people out because they are specific 'volcanologist' in their own
research backgrounds.  I also imagine that this could also be a job for
a recent PHD post-grad or someone who is able to dedicate the time to
it.

Interested?  Contact Rebecca North at Rebecca.North@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DARLOW SMITHSON PRODUCTIONS
Highgate Studios,
53-79 Highgate Road,
London NW5 1TL
ENGLAND

Tel: 01144 207 482 7027
Fax: 01144 207 482 7039
2)      CONTACT INFORMATION

       To submit an item to E-MAIL NEWS contact: editor@xxxxxxx
       To submit advertising contact: ads@xxxxxxx
       To change your address or be removed from the list contact:
office@xxxxxxx