CALL FOR PAPERS FOR JVGR SPECIAL ISSUE ON GLACIOVOLCANISM

From: Dr. Ian Skilling <skilling@xxxxxxxx>

We are proposing to Elsevier to publish a Special Issue of the Journal of
Volcanlogy and Geothermal Research on Volcano-Ice Interaction on Earth and Mars
(Glaciovolcanism), to be guest-edited by Ben Edwards, Hugh Tuffen and Ian
Skilling, with Lionel Wilson as the supervising editor.  The issue is linked to
the Volcano-Ice Interaction 2 (VII2) Meeting to be held at the University of
British Columbia (June 19th-22nd 2007), as a consequence of which we already
have several proposed submissions.

We now wish to invite further contributions.  Please see the meeting webpages
for abstracts that will provide an idea of the range of topics in which we are
interested: http://volcanoes.dickinson.edu/VIWG/meetings/abstracts.html OR
http://www.es.lancs.ac.uk/vgrg/conf/vii2/allabs.html.  We are especially
interested in papers on any of the following topics:

    * Using glaciovolcanic products to infer former ice conditions on Earth or
Mars
    * Theoretical and experimental modeling of interaction of magma/lava with
ice or snow
    * Field studies of glaciovolcanic products at felsic stratovolcanoes

The deadline for submission of papers is December 1st 2007.  If you are
interested in submitting a paper, or have any other questions, then please
contact Ian Skilling at skilling@xxxxxxxx with a brief description of your
paper topic before the 1st July 2007

Dr Ian Skilling
Dept of Geology and Planetary Sciences