[VLAN] unregister_netdevice

darkstar wrote:

> After all these procedures systems hangs and I was reeboot it.
> I hope this information will be useful.

Well, I still don't know what is holding the reference.  I don't
think this is a bug in VLAN code itself, because otherwise lots
of people would be reporting it.

The only thing I can suggest is to try various different things,
including never loading iptables in the first place, and see if
you can find the step that causes the problem.

If you can find the module that is holding the reference, a bug
report can be sent to that module's author.

One other thing:  Have you tried specifically dropping each VLAN
interface before unloading the module:  ifconfig ethX.foo down

That might possibly help trigger other code to release the reference.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>