[VLAN] VLAN Drivers

Hi Peter,

Yes, you are absolutely right. It's a serious mistake from my side. Somehow I have just been pressing reply button without double-checking whether the addresses included the vlan community address. I have realised that i have actually done this to few other community members, not only you, which is a big mistake of course. Thanks for bringing it into my attention as now i see the mistake i have been doing. I will be careful in future.

Many thanks,

Cyprian.
--------------

Peter Stuge <stuge@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 02:15:18PM +0000, Cyprian Clement wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks so much for your email with these useful answers to my
> query. We just happened to have a specific test where we were
> looking for a possibility of several VLANs with the same IP addr.
> But thanks for you help.
>
> By the way, do you know of any way or tool that i can use at linux
> level to test the vlans i have created on on my linux machines. In
> other words to try at linux level to send packets over different
> vlans and check if they are mapped/sent to a correct vlan(s).

Yes, but unless you are interested in negotiating a private support
contract, your message should be sent to the list. I will not answer
this message in private. I am not your Linux support desk. I send
messages to the VLAN mailing list for the benefit of all readers, the
archives and internet search engine spiders.

Sending these kind of messages directly to posters such as myself
will quickly make you impopular in the open source community.

Please see if your email software has some sort of mailing list
awareness, many modern email applications do, and if it does, see if
there's also a list-reply function or shortcut. I use that all the
time.

//Peter