From: vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of liam sharp
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 4:23 PM
To: vlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [VLAN] Linux bridge+vlan+tagging

Hi,

I just read this posting:

[snip]

Hi Peter,

Sometimes we need a feature as requested.

Check out
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/ids/draft-sanjib-private-vlan-02.txt
link. That is how it is implemented in a lot of
switches.

Thanks,
Vishwas

[/snip]

I'm looking to achive the same thing as describe in
this document, and he's the 'but', - The switches I am
using do no provide this Private Vlan functionality.
They do provide basic Vlan functionality though.

My question is - I'm going to configure all ports in
my networks to be on different Vlans and plug my
gateway in to a trunk port to see all the traffic from
each vlan.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this ?

I'm running a dhcp server and other process on the
private site of my gateway and don't want to configure
a subnet for each vlan.

I guest what I wanted to do is have the tags stripped
of when data arrives, and some how reappended when
data is resent ?

Any pointers much appreciated !!!

Thanks
Piccalo