[VLAN] Linux bridge+vlan+tagging

Hi Vishwas,

Thanks very much for your reply. I've studied the
document you refered to. The problem I have is more
implementation specfic.

If the gateway is going to see the traffic from all
the Vlans, my understanding is it has to be plugged
into a trunk port ? (A port that see's all the
traffic, the ethernet frames encapsulated in their
respective Vlan tags).

I know how to use vconfig so I can see each vlan. But
I want each vlan on the same network. It think what I
want to do is remove the vlan tags before the traffic
is passed up to the ip layer, and when response
traffic is generated to encapsulate the ethernet
frames back into vlan tags ?

Does this sound appropriate ?

Again, any input would be very much appreciated !

Piccalo

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/ids/draft-sanjib-private-vlan-02.txt