Re: Integartion with systemd and rtcwake

Let me put my unsolicited €0.02 in. My mindset is pretty hackerish as well, but I'm also an engineer thinking in efficiency terms. The raspi is what it is, and it is a nice building block for many jobs. If I wanted to build a vdr, I'd either let the raspi run permanently (given its low energy demand) or get a Pico PSU powered mini itx board with an embedded CPU, like one of the low-power (4.3-10W) celerons, and let it wake up and shut down when needed.

But that's just me.