Re: Integartion with systemd and rtcwake

Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 12:23:44PM +0200, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
Maybe still not what you want, but how other guys do it:
https://www.vdr-portal.de/forum/index.php?thread/133092-ein-weiterer-ir-einschalter-f%C3%BCr-den-rpi/&postID=1319903&highlight=mosfet
https://www.vdr-portal.de/forum/index.php?thread/133332-arduino-nano-mit-neopixel-leds-seriell-steuern-ausschalten/&postID=1322285#post1322285
(german, you might need google translate, but you can post in english)
* wakeup done by STM32 microcontroller board (either by timer set from
vdr or by remote control)
* power switched by MOSFET
* full systemd and vdr integration
* very cheap

Nice. For my old PC setup I built something simpler, using an ATtiny12 that would generate a wake-on-LAN or a PCI PME# signal:
https://www.iki.fi/~msmakela/electronics/worc5/index.en.html
It would even provide a signal to tell VDR if the computer was powered on by the remote control, or due to some other reason.

With a quick read (ich spreche Deutsch), I did not find a mention of systemd or VDR configuration. Can you point to an example?

I think that in any case, I will test my systemd integration scripts on an old Thinkpad laptop and a USB DVB-T stick.

I am happy with my current low-tech solution, at least for now. The power consumption would be acceptable even if I left the system running 24×7, say, if I were away for a week or two. The consumption could be reduced further by patching VDR so that it will shut down all tuners when it is idle (instead of constantly parsing the EPG).

	Marko