Re: projects.vdr-developer.org might come to an end

On 25.05.22 20:11, Richard F wrote:
I find it regularly useful, and refer to the pages from some of the
plugins I use. So sad to see these things that look thousands of hours
to create and debug now falling by the wayside.  And once you get used
to it, the Redmine markdown is actually quite a good workmanlike
solution for documenting stuff, a lot better than GitHub typical pages
anyway.  Pity to lose that. A big vote for keeping it from me !

Out of curiosity I had a look at how Redmine syntax looks like and for
me this looked a lot like "not Markdown". I did some search and the
syntax seems to be actually called "Textile":
https://www.redmine.org/boards/2/topics/41244

And there even exists a way to convert this to actual Markdown
automatically:
https://github.blog/2016-03-01-upgrading-your-textile-posts-to-markdown/

I did a try with the pandoc "try it out" page and this seems to work
just fine: https://pandoc.org/try/

GitHub Wikis (and GitHub pages, too) use actual Markdown and there is a
nice online editor to have direct feedback on how the result will look
like (you can still write plain Markdown text but get a rendering
immediately):

https://stackedit.io/app#

Manuel