Re: Filtering encrypted channels

Vom: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 00:00:06 +0200

> On 06.04.20 18:23, Daniel wrote:
> > Vom: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 15:07:31 +0200
> >
> > I've fiddled with the settings and when I changed "Audio-Languages" from 1
> > to 2 and configured Language 1 to german and 2 to english, I could switch
> > to NHK WORLD-JAPAN which previously didn't work.
>
> That sounds rather odd.

It makes sense to me. I configured german as only language and never noticed
that CNN still works (only one audio stream, non-german). But channels with
multiple audio streams (and no german one) didn't work.

> > I suppose the other unencrypted channels could work, too when I select the
> > correct audio language.
>
> There's no such thing as "correct audio language".
> It should work with any language.

It _seems_ like a vdr-plugin-vnsiserver issue. Still it's just a wild guess.
Since this setting apparently fixed it, i didn't dig deeper.

> As mentioned in my previous reply: please test with plain vanilla VDR,
> no VNSI or any other streaming stuff. Once things work there, you can
> add other output methods if you need to.

I tried to get the softhddevice-plugin to work for trying VDR without kodi but
failed. (I didn't try too hard, tho).

> You can use the SVDRP command NEXT to see if VDR is currently recording, or
> when the next recording will start.

Is there a way to test if VDR is currently tuned to a channel? Yesterday I
learned that my thinking was wrong. I watched TV (no recording) and VDR was
restarted at midnight while watching ;)

I tried "svdrpsend chan" but it always returns the first entry in
channels.conf, no matter if kodi plays TV or not (or what channel it's tuned
to).

I think there's a way for kodi but it'd be nice if my scripteroo could stay
VDR-only.

Regards,
Daniel