Re: vdr Digest, Vol 161, Issue 4

> you can have a look at the nvidia gt 1030 cards. there are lowprofile and fanless versions,
> but pay attention to card size.
> and you may need to install correct drivers manually.
> but, half the price then an intel nuc with luck.

If all you need is a video card, that's a decent option. If you're
looking for a whole new system, you'll easily spend more than the cost
of a NUC.

> i'm considering this myself, too, instead of this buggy intel hd grahpics... (well, nvidia isn't better, i know...)

What bug(s) are you referring to? Intel/VAAPI has been very smooth &
stable here. Not a single problem and no bugs that I've experienced.
>From what I can tell the people talking about buggy drivers don't
actually use Intel HD, they just seem to be repeating what someone
else said, or maybe they have a problem outside of VDR/Kodi/HTPC/media
playback.