Re: vdr Digest, Vol 161, Issue 4

On 31/10/2018 11:50, master.of.brainless.things@xxxxxxx wrote:
> you can have a look at the nvidia gt 1030 cards. there are lowprofile
> and fanless versions,
> but pay attention to card size. and you may need to install correct
> drivers manually. but, half the price then an intel nuc with luck. i'm
> considering this myself, too, instead of this buggy intel hd
> grahpics... (well, nvidia isn't better, i know...) afaik, the gt 1030
> is capable of playing 4k hdr h265 encoded videos, what is presumably
> what you need. i've read about netfix 4k support, too.

Also one thing to look out for is that the 1030 actually comes in GDDR5
and DDR4 variants. They are priced very similarly, but performance of
DDR4 is absolute garbage compared to GDDR5!

I doubt this will have an effect when it comes to video decoding
capability, but paying about the same for half the performance doesn't
seem like a good idea to me.