Re: Advice for best hardware and plugins to play MKV files and receive 4K channels

Karim AFIFI kirjoitti 2018-10-30 01:16:
Could you share best hardware cpu/video/card,motherboard/..., & best
plugin/driver/... you advice at the moment?

I do not know a best one but....
I faced same situation when my old good nvidia ion platform cannot handle hd channels properly. I tested different plugings with intel HD graphics (integrated in dell laptop via vaapi) but did not get any of those working as old systems. Facing problems with instability, splitted pictures, out of syck, and "jumping" fast forward modes (I look a lot of movies/series in 2-4 times speed up as in here we have subtitles). Shortly to say i did not manage to archive proper system with any of vdr plugins. Now im trying using VNSI & kodi in android tv and it still look promising. Just testing it currently inside on older laptop. Other great thing there is that i can move my server (including dvb sick) away from living room to garage and use only small and better looking device in living room.