Re: [POLL] Is anybody actually using "device bonding" (aka "LNB sharing)?

Derek,

you're right it's maybe possible to stack channels somewhat, but not on the user end of the "one cable". It must be "stacked" on the other end of the "one cable" and splitted again on the user side of that cable. And here's the problem, there are VDR users out there they cannot change the hardware on the other end, either not allowed or technically not possible. See my other message for the varied reasons ...

As Andreas said we need to deal here with 4 sync levels on the European Astra satellites, to cover every all channels, horizontal-high, horizontal-low, vertical-high, vertical-low. So, any multiswitch does need 4 input cables from LNB, one for each level, to deliver every channel. The Multiswitch can then be a model working along CENELEC EN50494/EN50607, SCR/CSS, what does deliver multiple user bands over one cable and than splitted on user side.

fnu