Von: vdr [mailto:vdr-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Klaus Schmidinger
Gesendet: Sonntag, 1. Januar 2017 13:29
An: VDR Mailing List <vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff:  [POLL] Is anybody actually using "device bonding" (aka "LNB sharing)?

Implementing "device bonding" (formerly known as "LNB sharing") has had quite an impact on VDR's dvbdevice.c, and made the code quite a bit more complex. Since this feature is really just an ugly hack, and it makes much more sense to provide each device with its own antenna cable, rather that connecting two or more devices to the same cable and having to limit them to the same polarization and frequency band, I'd very much like to remove that code from VDR's source.

I would therefore like to know if there are any users who actually use this, and *really* need it.

Klaus