Re: from xineliboutput to ... perhaps softhdddevice?

On 4/17/2015 2:13 PM, VDR User wrote:
For those of you using Raspberry Pi or Allwinner boards, how is osd
performance? If the osd is fast & smooth, I'm interested in building
a couple vdr setups like those (maybe Raspberry Pi 2. Rpi is just too
slow). Any degrade in performance is a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks

Hi,

OSD performance is not an issue on an allwinnerA20, with one exception. I have 640GB SD recordings. The first time after VDR startup, opening the list with recordings is a bit slow (about a second). This is on a olimex A20 board, running both the VDR server and xineliboutput and vdr-sxfe.

Come to think of it, I heard codi (xbmp) has support for hardware decoded video playback on the A20, and vdr has support for xbmc via vdr-plugin-vnsiserver. Is there anybody who has taken this route? How did it go?
http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC
http://kodi.wiki/view/VDR

the other route I heard of is VDR+softhddevice via vdpau and cedarX. Has anybody got this running on an A20? Does it actually yields accelerated video playback?

I have managed to use mplayer to playback my recordings using cedarX, but that's some time ago:
https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=3560.msg14973#msg14973

Kind regards,
Cedric