Re: from xineliboutput to ... perhaps softhdddevice?

That would be me. I have an alwinnerA20 with 3 DVB-T USB receivers. I use vdr-xineliboutput and vdr-sxfe on the same machine. It works, but it uses the CPU for playback. I am told it should be possible to use softhddevice, but I have not yet tried it.

Also, there's something going wrong with the DVB-T receivers, I have to power-down-and-up my machine every week, some special memory in the kernel fills up. Also, when I do a warm reboot (while the receivers remain powered) the initialization goes wrong somehow, and the pre-amplifier in the receivers is not enabled, and usually vdr can't use the receivers. My receivers are the PCTV NanoStick 73e SE (solo) http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_nano_Stick_%2873e%29

Performance for recording encrypted shows is OK, I have recorded 3 encrypted shows at the same time without problems. Also, copying files using samba to and from the sata harddrive is not noticable while also watching, and recording TV. My board has 100Mb network, and I see consistent 11MB/s read and write performance. Write performance on the uSD card is terrible, even with a class 10 card. Updating debian on the card takes patience.

Kind regards,
Cedric