Re: from xineliboutput to ... perhaps softhdddevice?

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 09:25:22AM +0300, Füley István wrote:
I know, it's not a proper answer for your problem, but I think at the moment the best native vdr client is a Raspberry Pi with Thomas Reufer's great plugin. It's small, cheap and (using with vdr) it's fast.

Speaking of small and cheap, does anyone have such a VDR server? Something like an Allwinner A20 with SATA hard disk for the recordings, and a USB DVB-T/T2/C adapter, and using the built-in IR receiver and HDMI output? I have been dreaming of that, but I guess my almost 15-years-old 900 MHz Celeron box just refuses to die. :) There even are ready-made cases for a SATA disk and the Cubieboard3 (Cubietruck).

For client, I am using the Samsung SmartTV plugin. Not good for heavy use due to the bad SmartTV platform, but bearable. Recordings cannot be edited via it, and subtitles do not work.

	Marko