Re: CAM questions

Sami Ketola writes:
 > On May 22, 2014, at 7:47 PM, Ralph Metzler wrote:
 >
 > > Sami Ketola writes:
 > >> I think you should be able to decrypt with that configuration. I have my card+CAM connected to CI on my Technotrend FF DVB-C card and that decrypts channels received by other DVB-C cards. Only li
 > >

 > > The old Technotrend FF DVB-C card?
 > >
 > > Like  http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/FF_Rev._2.1_DVB-C_Cards ?
 >
 > My VDR box is currently powered off and I can't verify as far as I remember it's this card.
 >
 > > I doubt that.
 >
 > Why?

Because I don't see how this would be possible with this hardware.

I hacked around in the firmware of the AV7110 quite a lot back when I wrote the driver
and there was no way to send other data besides from the on-board demod to the
card.
I also do not see any signs of support for anything like this in the current driver version
(just in case somebody found some possibility to do this after I stopped working on the
driver).

And, finally, there is no support for this in VDR besides some experimental patches
for the ddbridge based cards.

Ralph