Re: [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Christopher Reimer
<c.reimer1993@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I couldn't realize that there are so many non-German VDR users.

On one hand I guess I understand considering Germany is VDR's
birthplace and has strong support there. But on the other hand, if VDR
is so popular with germans, why wouldn't it be popular with
non-germans? I've been a part of the NA VDR community for around 10+
years so it's non-German popularity isn't news to me. To be honest, I
was surprised to find that VDR even has a following in Mexico too.
Logically it shouldn't be surprising that VDR is popular anywhere
since it's a great piece of software! :)

> I personally don't like to write English. Not because I hate the
> language, more because I'm worried to do something wrong (grammer,
> tenses etc.)

I have heard other people say the same but probably 99.9% of
english-speakers don't care about that.  VDR help forums is the last
place anyone should put on their grammar police uniform. Who cares as
long as we can understand each other or it's ok to ask questions.