Re: [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

I've been doing things with Make.config too, and would like it to be available again. My plugins usually followed this pattern:

-include $(VDRDIR)/Make.global
-include $(VDRDIR)/Make.config
-include Make.config

so you always had the chance to have optional control without patching makefiles.

The global Make.config had lines like this:

ifeq ($(PLUGIN),someplugin)
endif

to do build configuration for some plugins, or to force-off some warnings or fix certain compile issues, or even add distribution-specific quirks. (building for different debian releases from same source)

So I'm in for a central method to do configuration, and not having to patch every plugin makefile and distribute several local Make.config files.