Re: vdr-xine breakage with Freeview HD

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Darren Salt <listspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I demand that Daniel Harris may or may not have written...
>
>> I had lots of problems specifically with BBC freeview HD using
>> vdr-xine-plugin.  I use debian wheezy with the e-tobi source.  I had a
>> feeling it had something to do with the deinterlacing plugin but i could
>> never get it to work however i have recently changed the deinterlacing
>> plugin to bob in the ~/.xine/config-xineliboutput (or something like that)
>> and every thing has worked perfectly ever since.
>
> Well... reporting on http://bugs.xine-project.org/ when it fails will help a
> lot with fixing these things. You'll need to be able to show how to cause it
> and/or provide a backtrace (and, 99.999% of the time, you will need a
> debuggable build for that; also best to be using xine-lib-1.2 hg).

Just for the record when I said Lots of problems:- It can be
problematic (for non experts) to setup vdr and all the relevant
plugins, gui addons etc.  I was informed on this mailing list that
other people were viewing bbc HD with no problems so I thought i had
not configured everything correctly.  And this seems to be the case,
as I indicated, once I set interlacing to bob all worked correctly.

Actually now i think about it it was i am using xineliboutput-sxfe
which i think might be different to the vdr-xine-plugin.

That is why i didnt report a bug.

Dan

because quite frankly i am not exactly sure what I am doing except
trying to watch and record tv.