Re: vdr-xine breakage with Freeview HD

I demand that Daniel Harris may or may not have written...

> I had lots of problems specifically with BBC freeview HD using
> vdr-xine-plugin.  I use debian wheezy with the e-tobi source.  I had a
> feeling it had something to do with the deinterlacing plugin but i could
> never get it to work however i have recently changed the deinterlacing
> plugin to bob in the ~/.xine/config-xineliboutput (or something like that)
> and every thing has worked perfectly ever since.

Well... reporting on http://bugs.xine-project.org/ when it fails will help a
lot with fixing these things. You'll need to be able to show how to cause it
and/or provide a backtrace (and, 99.999% of the time, you will need a
debuggable build for that; also best to be using xine-lib-1.2 hg).

I've recently fixed one deinterlacing-related segfault which would occur at
the end of an HD recording...

[snip]
--
|  _  | Darren Salt, using Debian GNU/Linux (and Android)
| ( ) |
|  X  | ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
| / \ | http://www.asciiribbon.org/

CAD: Can't Anybody Draw?