HDMI output detection problems

hi,

since starting to use a AV receiver between TV and VDR, I have had HDMI detection problems.

To start X server even when TV is not on, I use custom edid file that I got from the tuner. With this, VDR always starts X properly, so even if VDR has auto-started for recording, the output works.

Card: Nvidia GT220, vdr-xine plugin, Xorg, NAD receiver and Sony TV.

If I start TV, though, for some reason, most often there is no negoatiation (or a failed one) between the receiver and VDR, so there will be no picture. Normally there is a sound, though. I have to switch the input selector of the receiver first to DVD input, then back to TV input to get the image. If the tuner and TV are on when X server starts, the image appears correctly.

Are there any flags in nvidia-settings or Xorg.conf or Xine configuration that would tell the graphics card to help the tuner to notice that there indeed is an image also on the HDMI cable?

yours,
        Jouni