Re: HDMI output detection problems

Hi,

Same problem here using Sony receiver and Octava hdmi splitter after receiver (for TV and projector)

On 28.7.2012 15:18, Jouni Karvo wrote:
hi,

since starting to use a AV receiver between TV and VDR, I have had HDMI
detection problems.

To start X server even when TV is not on, I use custom edid file that I got from
the tuner.  With this, VDR always starts X properly, so even if VDR has
auto-started for recording, the output works.

I tried all kind of custom edid files (read from receiver, tv, projector or splitter) none of the files solved negoatiation problems.

Card: Nvidia GT220, vdr-xine plugin, Xorg, NAD receiver and Sony TV.

If I start TV, though, for some reason, most often there is no negoatiation (or
a failed one) between the receiver and VDR, so there will be no picture.
Normally there is a sound, though. I have to switch the input selector of the
receiver first to DVD input, then back to TV input to get the image.  If the
tuner and TV are on when X server starts, the image appears correctly.

Are there any flags in nvidia-settings or Xorg.conf or Xine configuration that
would tell the graphics card to help the tuner to notice that there indeed is an
image also on the HDMI cable?

I also tried various nvidia flags without luck. I did use custom script to put display to sleep mode (xset dpms force off) and then back on after small delay.

Nowdays i have programmable remote control which has support for macros, so it just changes receivers input to dvd and then back to vdr when powering on the system.

Regards,
Matti

yours,
         Jouni