Re: [Patch] Make RGYB buttons customizeable

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Rolf Ahrenberg <rahrenbe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The RGYB color enumeration is defined in the video teletext standard and
> every TV/STB set implementing the teletext feature DOES use the mentioned
> color button order. I guess the teletext is used mainly in Europe, so there
> might be different conventions elsewhere, but the VDR is a STB for DVB
> standard that documents the teletext too.

I have two top end tv's, one Panasonic, one Sony.  Both support
teletext, neither have the color button scheme as RGYB.  I would guess
it's as you mentioned, maybe that scheme is commonly used in Europe
but it's simply not true that RGYB is some standard used across the
globe with only cheap obscure remotes not conforming to it.