Re: Recordings Numbering

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.11.2010, 12:23 +0100 schrieb Frank Schmirler:
> ACK. Unique IDs over the lifetime of an SVDRP connection solve the
> actual problem. Everything beyond get's too complicated.

Here I would agree with you.

> Guess a touch /video/.update would result in new IDs for all
> recordings. So one must be aware that if an ID is no longer available,
> the corresponding item has not necessarily been deleted.

Why ? This is not even necessary !
Missing recordings should simple remove from list (LSTR) and new
recordings should added at end of list.
Anything else would not work with existing svdrp programs.

But right now VDR can use only one connection at same time.

>From my point of view (xxv as svdrp client), I would not block the
connection permanent. And I do not would to reread every time any
recordings.

Andreas