Re: Recordings Numbering

On 11/10/10 10:38, Frank Schmirler wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 23:33:05 +0100, Udo Richter wrote
>> In other words, store the unique ID in the info file permanently, right?
>> What happens if two VDR instances write to the same video directory?
>> What if you download a recording from a friend? In that case you
>> might have two recordings with the same ID. How should that be handled?
>
> The VDR instance ID (commandline option -i) should become part of the
> recordings ID. If the instance ID is not 0, we would then get large numbers
> (InstanceID << n | recordingNumber) or we need a separator ("%d-%d"). The
> instance ID is part of the filename. So for recordings of a friend, you should
> use a dedicated instance ID in the filename (something users probably will
> forget).
>
> An other problem to solve: old recordings will need an ID, too. And VDR will
> not always be able to update info.vdr (e.g. recording on a DVD).

Hey, hey, guys, get a grip!
Let's not make this "rocket science" ;-)

The question at hand is whether the *number* used in the LSTR and LSTT
command listings to identify a particular recording or timer, respectively,
shall always start at 1 and count up, and be renumbered whenever an item
is newly created ot deleted. Or whether that number shall simply count up
and never be renumbered (as long as this instance of VDR lives).

Anything beyond this is against the KISS principle ;-)

Klaus