Re: reel netclient

Georg Acher wrote:
> For the client side, the sources will be published as GPL. Currently we use
> a closed source daemon with a dvb loopback driver in the kernel, but that
> makes it hard to fully use the tuner virtualization and costs some overhead
> for small CPUs. Since we already have a native vdr plugin for that, the
> network code will be then forced to be GPL anyway ;-)

Hi Georg.

Since there currently isn't v4l looback driver in mainline kernel, I suggest you
take part on this ongoing discussion at linux-media mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg04362.html

As you can see, Mauro was going to add that loopback driver on v4l as
out-of-tree driver. For end-user it would be a lot easier if your loopback
implementation would be integrated on that driver and added to upstream kernel
tree :)

Regards,
Matti