Re: reel netclient

But does the Reel Smart-Client box run vdr?

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Georg Acher <acher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 06:28:36PM +1000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> http://www.reel-multimedia.com/en/shop_netclient.php describes a new
> product by reel that allows streaming of HD content over the network.
> It includes a hw decoder that supports mpeg2/4 and is to be used with
> the reelbox avantgarde as server. I'd assume reel has implemented
> something a bit more sophisticated than streamdev for this, but given
> the open source nature of their products, I'm wondering if someone has
> tried looking into using this client with pure VDR?

The thing is not yet available, so the current SVN doesn't contain most of
the new code. But in general it uses the same "reel"vdr-base as the
Avantgarde (just with a different output plugin for the SoC). The live TV
streaming is not done by the vdr on the Avantgarde, but directly via
IPv6-multicast by the NetCeiver-hardware. This is the same way the
Avantgarde gets its data, so the NetCeiver traffic is just bridged into the
LAN for other clients.

--
        Georg Acher, acher@xxxxxxxxx
        http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher