Re: vdr-sxfe + remote control

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:32:55 +0200
Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Kimmo Taskinen <
> kimmo.taskinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm not quite sure if I understood your problem right. So you get the
> > right codes with irw and have put them on remote.conf. remotes.conf as
> > you wrote is not right place.
> > Do you start vdr with --lirc option? If you use --lirc for vdr-sxfe
> > you should give --lirc to vdr (at least I don't).
>
> Will try to clarify:
> I run VDR with --lirc=/dev/null
> When I run vdr-sxfe with --lirc and with --verbose, I can see that it
> receives events the same way as irw, but it also receives keyboard events
> that are passed to the system by the driver. This way I'm loosing all the
> lircrc configuration such as repetition rate.

So if you can prevent the keyboard events from occurring that should
help? I had a similar problem with my remote and boxstar, I was getting
both keyboard and input device events for certain keys, and I didn't
want to have to disable keyboard control. I managed to get rid of the
unwanted keyboard events in X by using this in xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/event0"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "gb"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

which forced it to only get keyboard events from my keyboard which is
device 0 (YMMV, check /proc/bus/input/devices) instead of every device
Linux thinks is a keyboard. I couldn't prevent the remote's key presses
appearing on the console. IMO this is a kernel bug, this sort of remote
control can not be considered to be a keyboard.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk