Re: Help with: vdr-1.7.1 + s2api + h264

Hello

Am Freitag, 21. November 2008 schrieb syrius.ml@xxxxxxxxxx:

> >> There's a git repository for vdr at http://git.gekrumbel.de/?p=vdr.git
> >> Wouldn't it be appropriate to use it to maintain a working
> >> vdr+s2+h264 source tree ?
> >
> > I'm maintaining that aforementioned git repository. I didn't want to host
> > different versions of VDR in this git repository (except the 'original
> > sources' git).
>
> Ok, sorry I should have asked you first.

I did setup this git as a kind of seed. It contains the development history
(in terms of the official releases) of VDR since its beginning. I have the
hope that the community picks it up and creates something usefull out of it.

> BTW is it used by a lot of people ?

Unfortunately I don't think so. Nobody ever informed me about that he cloned
it, added some patches and published them somewhere else. I know only of some
experiments Tobias Grimm did with it.

> > Look at git homepage http://git.or.cz/ for a list of public git hosting
> > providers.
>
> ok.
> I'm not a h264 or s2api user yet, it would be very nice if some people
> could maintain such a repository.
> It's seem messy to get these patches working and questions about them
> are very recurrent.

I'm no h264 and s2api user either. But helping to reduce this kind of mess was
one of my motivations to setup the VDR git.

Regards
Dieter

--
Dieter Hametner                    dh (plus) vdr (at) gekrumbel (dot) de
live plugin developer              http://live.vdr-developer.org