Re: VDR Development

Every Year the same discussion!

Klaus has already pointed out his side of view for several times!
And I would act like him.

In some kind it is a Open Project. Just take the sources and enhance them.
If it's meanfull and well done, Klaus will surely adopt it into VDR.
Otherwise
you can patch the new Version with the enhancement and no one will blame you
for that.

But! Coordinating such a Team is some thing that needs time, for itselfe.
But all thouse discussions,
about the priority of a "feature" should be done befor coding starts.
If there is a repository I strongly believe there are some people setting
there own
Priority, doing things they like to do. And afterwards, someone has to clean
up the mess.

I did not always agree with Klaus and his task list but! Show me some peace
of software
in that dimension that works such stable if it is declared to be stable.

Bye,
Volker
aka vdrmojo

P.S.: Let them check out MythTV or something else. We'll welcome them soon.
And if not? So what?