Re: VDR Development

If it would be helpful for the project VDR we can contribute by settingup server at our DC. We are supporting LinuxMCE distro and also want tohelp to VDR as a part of LinuxMCE project.
Best regards,Vladimir
On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 08:02 -0700, VDR User wrote:> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Magnus Hörlin <magnus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Of course you can fork it, and I'm sure someone eventually will, but I think> > you should regard it as a totally different project and give it some other> > name. This would lead to plugin developers having to decide which project(s)> > to support and it will probably just be a mess.> > I think VDR is Klaus's "child" and should remain so.> > Woah, wait a minute here!  Nobody is suggesting to take VDR away from> Klaus!  There are clearly some good coders who want to continue> helping progress VDR along as they already have been.  The last> released VDR update (1.7.0) was made 144 days ago.  Everything people> needed from VDR before still holds except not much development has> been done and VDR hasn't moved forward.  As much as I hate to say it,> this is one of the main reasons so many users have abandoned VDR in> favor of MythTV and other software.> > Again, nobody is suggesting to take VDR from Klaus.. Just simply allow> progress to be made without these huge gaps where nothing happens> where the users continue to be left in the cold while VDR continues to> be left behind.  Surely there are coders "worthy" of Klaus's 'coding> approval' and if he doesn't want to work on VDR directly, it would> still allow those that do to move forward and he can review the code> rather then write it.  Or have a dev tree and main tree.  People can> work on dev tree and what Klaus "approves" of could be adopted into> main tree.> > Let's be clear... I've been a huge advocate for VDR.  I do not want to> see the project die, nor do I enjoy watching so many users abandon it.>  However, when much needed changes aren't made, what do you expect> people to do?  I can promise I didn't bring this topic up again to> cause a problem.  Only to point out that VDR is in need of help and> there must be some way to move forward.  Especially for the guys who> are ready & willing!> > Best regards,> -Derek> > _______________________________________________> vdr mailing list> vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr