Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.14

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 01/27/08 17:46, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
>> I really hope that either vdr 1.5.x gets a compile-time-switch to
>> build and run with the vanilla kernel-sources or even better that the
>> multiproto-drivers will be merged into the mainline kernel soon.
>
> The latter would be the reasonable step to take, IMHO.
> Having these different DVB driver branches is something that
> should end as soon as possible.

The drivers can be merged in to the kernel after quite some tests.

With regards to both the S2 capable drivers there are enough bug
reports open. I am not of the opinion of merging drivers while open
bug reports still do exist. (You can look at the linux-dvb ML for the
same) For both the drivers, many people can say it works for me, but
not for everyone.

That said, currently the tree is up to v4l-dvb head and the current
kernel merge window is open for 2.6.25, which will be open for some
few days more. With the current state, it cannot be merged in for
2.6.25.

Most probably we might be able to make it for 2.6.26 if all goes well.
This requires lot more testing and fixing etc.

The current state of different branches (distributed repositories) was
the option chosen when Johannes merged the trees and was his
decision. Most probably, that will remain the same for quite a long time
to come.

Regards,
Manu